Timing Belt Replacement

How does a timing belt work?

Your car’s timing belt is one of the most essential parts that keeps your car or truck running. It connects the camshaft (which lets air as well as gas in and out of the engine by opening up as well as shutting the engine’s shutoffs) to the crankshaft, which manages the pistons of your engine. In the majority of cars, the timing belt is also in charge of the running of your vehicle’s water pump, oil pump, and injection pump.

Just how do I know if I require a timing belt replacement?

If your timing belt breaks or splits, it can create extreme damage to your vehicle. Some indicators of a poor or worn timing belt consist of:

  • Your car’s engine is stalling.

There are teeth on timing belts which grasp gears as they revolve a range of engine components. If these teeth end up being fragile or start falling off, the timing belt will start to slip away from the gears.

  • You listen to odd sounds coming from the engine.

If you listen to a ticking sound originating from your engine, it can indicate reduced oil pressure within your engine or a failing timing belt.

  • There is smoke originating from your engine.

The top of every cylinder has 2 holes that allow air and also let out engine exhaust. The opening and closing of these openings are synchronized with exactly how the cyndrical tubes move and exactly how the camshaft rotates. A worn or damaged timing belt indicates this activity is not synchronized, causing an accumulation of exhaust that is removed in the form of smoke.

Although the advised period to change your timing belt is every 100,000 kms, if you are experiencing several of the signs above, it’s a good concept to bring your car or truck to a auto repair shop that can rapidly diagnose as well as repair the problem. That shop is KEAN Auto Services in Courtenay. Our technicians have decades of experience and also have comprehensive factory and/or advanced technological training. If you remain in Courtenay or surrounding locations, do not be reluctant to arrange an appointment with us today!

How much will a timing belt replacement cost?

If not dealt with rapidly, a busted timing belt can also harm your vehicle’s valves, pistons, or water pump, which could cost you a great deal more cash. To stay clear of a problem before it occurs, changing a timing belt can cost anywhere in between $550 and $1,200, with around 60 percent of the cost going in the direction of labor and also the other 40 percent going in the direction of parts. While this might sound costly, it is most cost-efficient to get your timing belt changed at the very first indicator of difficulty, as opposed to wait on problems to worsen.

To learn exactly how much a timing belt replacement for your automobile would cost, don’t wait to give KEAN Auto Services in Courtenay a phone call.

Your Trusted Shop for Timing Belt Replacement

If you are in need for a timing belt replacement and are in Boise or surrounding areas, look no further than KEAN Auto Services. Our service advising team has decades of combined experience and will make sure we make the most accurate diagnoses of repairs your vehicle needs. Here are some reasons to make us your local auto repair shop:

  • We are a family-owned business and we base our customer service on family values.
  • We offer courtesy services and can drop you off to your home or work while your car is being serviced, and pick you up at the end of the day.
  • We care about your safety and want to address issues before they become problems.
  • What we quote is what you’ll pay when you pick up your car. We won’t perform any additional services without asking you first.
  • Our location is convenient; we are one block away from Walmart, Winners, London Drug and many other stores.

Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 250-897-3643 today!

Timing Belt Replacement in Courtenay, BC

Contact Us