A Brief Background of Ford
Ford was established by the renowned Henry Ford on June 16, 1903. The company made $30,000 in earnings just 3 months after its founding. In 1908, Henry Ford released the Model T, which was made with his cutting-edge assembly system. Before this system, one auto was created every couple of days, but with the Ford assembly system, 10,000 Model T’s were created in a single year. Ford introduced the first moving production line in 1913 and the business’s output ended up being greater and greater; by 1920, manufacturing would surpass one million a year. To stay on par with this enormous demand, Ford paid his employees well, hired disabled people as well as reduced shifts from nine to eight hours a day during the five-day work week.
In the 1940s, Ford turned control of the Ford Motor Business to his grandson, Henry Ford II. In 1956, Ford came to be a publicly traded corporation. That year, Motor Trend granted the business with its very first “Vehicle of the Year” award. The Ford Mustang went on sale in 1964, which was a significant success and continues to be one of the fastest-selling cars in history and also remains a cultural symbol. 2 years later on, Ford broke Ferrari’s six-year winning streak at Le Mans, coming to be the first American producer to win the race. In 1980, Phillip Caldwell ended up being the first non-Ford family member to take over the company. In 1985, Ford presented the Taurus, whose curved shape was special from the boxy cars of the time. The Ford Explorer came in 1990, which made SUVs popular amongst Americans.
Some of the best Ford models to drive and own today are:
- Ford Taurus: The Taurus was made by Ford for 36 years that flaunts plenty of trunk space, a budget friendly rate and gives a smooth and comfy ride. The Taurus was on the 1986 Car and Driver 10 Best List and was the 1986 Motor Trend Vehicle of the Year. In 2008, the Taurus was awarded Top Safety Pick ratings by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and five-star ratings by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Ford Explorer: This SUV is recognized for its large interior that provides plenty of room for its 7 passengers and also its charitable cargo space. In 1991, the Explorer was awarded Motor Trend’s Truck of the Year. The Explorer was also chosen as North American Vehicle of the Year in 2006, as well as earned the North American Vehicle of the Year in 2011.
- Ford Fiesta: The Ford Fiesta has actually been in production since 1976 and also comes as a sedan or a hatchback. The automobile is not just efficient and well-performing, it is additionally agile and precise. The Fiesta was the first minicar to accomplish Top Security Pick by the U.S. Insurance Policy Institute for Highway Security and also was Top Gear Magazine’s Vehicle of the Year in 2019.
- Ford Fusion: The Ford Fusion is a midsize cars and truck that places well in performance and also has an attractive design and a practical and also comfortable cabin. The trunk additionally supplies plenty of cargo area. The Fusion has actually won numerous honors, including the 2010 Motor Trend Car of the Year, the 2010 North American Car of the Year at the Detroit Auto Show, as well as the 2017 MotorWeek Driver’s Choice Award for Best Family Sedan.
Your Trusted Auto Repair Shop
When the time comes to bring your Ford in for repairs, you can bring your car to KEAN Auto Services in Courtenay. We take a dignified and sensitive approach to auto repair, treating each and every customer with respect. We are very transparent about the services we think your vehicle needs and will never recommend any service that isn’t absolutely necessary. If you are in Courtenay or surrounding areas, don’t hesitate to bring your Ford to KEAN Auto Services today! Here are some reasons you should choose us:
- We are a family-owned business and we base our customer service on family values.
- We treat our customers the same way we want to be treated and will explain the fixes your car needs in easy-to-understand terms.
- We have access to an online network of over 40,000 experienced mechanics.
- Our location is convenient; we are one block away from Walmart, Winners, London Drug and many other stores.
- We care about your safety and want to address issues before they become problems.
To make an appointment with KEAN Auto Services in Courtenay, you can give us a call at 250-897-3643 or do so online.