A Quick History of Toyota
Toyota began as a division of Toyoda Automatic Loom Works that was devoted to the manufacturing of automobiles under the direction of the founder’s child, Kiichiro Toyoda. Toyota Motor Company became its very own entity in 1937. The SA was Toyota’s first commercial auto after The second world war. Nevertheless, because of the financial decline of Japan after the Second World War, Toyota was on the brink of bankruptcy. In June 1950, Toyota only produced 300 trucks and announced a number of layoffs as well as reduction in pay, which triggered a union strike that lasted for 2 months. The result of this strike was the resignation of Kiichiro Toyoda and Taizo Ishida became the head of Toyota. Toyota was saved during the Korean War by creating over 5,000 cars for the United States armed forces.
In 1957, the Toyota Crown ended up being the very first Japanese auto to be exported to the USA and also Toyota Motors Inc. U.S.A. was established on October 31, 1957. The Crown and also Toyota Land Cruiser continued to be the most popular Toyota cars until the introduction of the Toyota Corona, which was designed specifically for American drivers. The Corona tripled Toyota sales to greater than 20,000 units. By July 1967, Toyota came to be the third most successful import brand in the USA. The Toyota Corolla was presented in 1968 and was a huge success among American motorists. Today, the Toyota Corolla has actually come to be the globe’s best-selling auto of all time, with over 30 million automobiles sold in 140 different countries.
Today’s Toyota models include:
- Toyota RAV4: The RAV4 is Toyota’s compact crossover and also the best-selling non-pick up passenger car in the United States. The SUV is versatile, powerful, and is suitable for young and also older drivers alike. It additionally supplies a wonderful fuel economy, is extremely reliable, and also has plenty of space for passengers.
- Toyota 4Runner: The Toyota 4Runner is Toyota’s midsize SUV that can tow as much as 5,000 pounds. The SUV assures worth for your money due to its high-class performance, dependability, and comfort.
- Toyota Sequoia: Toyota’s full-size SUV that was chosen for North American Vehicle of the Year honor in 2001.
- Toyota Land Cruiser: The Toyota Land Cruiser has remained in production for over sixty years and is recognized for its prowess and elegant interior.
- Toyota Tacoma: Toyota’s midsize vehicle that has one of the very best resale values of any car in the United States. The Tacoma was provided the Top Safety Pick award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Toyota Tundra: The Toyota Tundra is a full size truck that is known for its sturdiness, durability as well as toughness. Motor Pattern selected the Tundra as its Vehicle of the Year in 2008 and also CanadianDriver named the Tundra “Truck King.”
- Toyota Yaris: Toyota’s most inexpensive subcompact vehicle that is readily available as a sedan or a hatchback.
- Toyota Corolla: The Toyota Corolla is a compact sedan that is now in its twelfth generation of production.
- Toyota Prius: The Prius was the first standardized hybrid vehicle when it launched in 1997. It was Japan’s Auto of the Year in 1997 and won the award once again in 2009. The inside of the Prius has a lot of cargo area and is a terrific small car that is unbelievably fuel efficient. The Prius is the top hybrid car in the United States and also showcases Toyota’s dedication to the environment.
Your Trusted Shop for Toyota Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your Toyota to KEAN Auto Services. Proudly serving residents of Courtenay and surrounding areas since 1971, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At KEAN Auto Services in Courtenay, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here’s some reasons why you should choose us:
- We have fair and honest pricing.
- We care about your safety and want to address issues before they become problems.
- We offer courtesy services and can drop you off to your home or work while your car is being serviced, and pick you up at the end of the day.
If you are in or nearby Courtenay, feel free to give us a call at 250-897-3643 to schedule an appointment at KEAN Auto Services today!