A Short History of Subaru
Subaru began as Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., an airplane manufacturing, sales and also maintenance company. In 1954, the first Subaru auto, the Subaru 1500 was launched. The car supplied driving stability as well as motorist comfort. On March 3, 1958, the Subaru 360 was launched, and came to be a turning point in Japanese history. Subaru laid out to develop an automobile that was compact, budget-friendly, and well-performing, and accomplished this goal. The Subaru 360 was among one of the most popular vehicles in Japan and was in production until 1970.
In 1961, Subaru launched the Sambar, a minitruck that had lots of cargo space and also a low deck body. The Sambar was mostly made use of in the industrial world, but was also available to the public. Later on that year, the Sambar Light Van was created the general public as well as commercial usage. These autos placed Subaru on the map as a maker of light passenger cars. In 1966, the “Subaru Building” was finished in Shinjuku and came to be the Subaru headquarters. The Subaru 1000 was launched in May 1966. The car provided driving stability and also a comfortable interior, as well as the latest vehicle technology. In 1969, the Subaru R-2 was launched as a substitute for the Subaru 360. The R-2 was the best offering for the highway era Japan was entering, and increased the meaning of what a minisedan could do. The Subaru Leone made its debut in 1971, which was highly applauded nationally and also worldwide for its distinct style. In 1972, The Subaru Rex was released as the successor to the Subaru R-2.
Today’s Subaru versions include:
- Subaru BRZ: The Subaru BRZ is a sports car that was made in cooperation with Toyota. The automobile is equally enjoyable and sensible, and also has outstanding handling. The BRZ was Top Gear magazine’s Car of the Year in 2012 and also the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s Top Safety Pick in 2012.
- Subaru Impreza: Subaru’s entry-level vehicle that is available in both sedan and also hatchback choices. At the American MotorWeek Driver’s Choice Honors, the Impreza won Ideal Sport Sedan in 2002 and Best Performance Car in 2004. In 2010, the Impreza won the AMI Insurance performance car of the year award.
- Subaru Crosstrek: The Subaru Crosstrek is a compact crossover that was released in 2012. The Crosstrek can be called an extra off-road suited version of the Impreza. Although the Crosstrek is big, it drives like a regular-size car and is available in standard and plug-in hybrid variations.
- Subaru WRX: The WRX is Subaru’s most iconic vehicle. It’s an powerful car that is inexpensive and quick. It is a sport sedan that features a 268-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter boxer four-cylinder engine, quick-ratio steering, a sport-tuned suspension, switchable grip control system as well as energetic torque vectoring.
- Subaru Forester: The Subaru Forester is a little SUV that is among the best-selling Subarus in the USA. The SUV is loved by families and even more daring motorists alike. The Forester was the victor of Wheels Gold star cars honor for best compact SUV in 2008, Motor Trend publication’s SUV of the Year Award in 2014, Best Small Utility in MotorWeek’s 2009 Driver’s Choice Awards, and more.
Your Trusted Shop for Subaru Repair
Ninety-seven percent of Subaru vehicles sold in the last ten years are still on the road today. That’s thanks to Subaru owners bringing their cars in for maintenance regularly. Bringing your Subaru in for maintenance not only saves you money in the long run, but also reduces your vehicle’s carbon footprint and keeps your vehicle in its best condition. Every vehicle has a maintenance schedule that can be found in the car’s manual, and some vehicles’ computer systems will warn you when it’s time to bring it in for maintenance.
When the time comes to bring your Subaru in for repairs, Courtenay residents can come to KEAN Auto Services. We specialize in Subaru repair and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. A team of highly trained mechanics, we at KEAN Auto Services are up to date on the latest automotive technology and will deliver high-quality service, every time. We offer services in vehicle alignment, steering and suspension, transmission repair, and more. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today! You can schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 250-897-3643.