A Short History of Mazda
Mazda started as the Toyo Cork Kogyo Co. Ltd., established in Hiroshima, Japan on January 30, 1920. During The Second World War, Toyo Kogyo generated tools for Japan. After the war, in the 1960s, Mazda put a significant engineering initiative right into their Wankel rotating engine to separate themselves from other Japanese car companies. By 1967, Mazda was the only firm making Wankel rotary engines. In 1968, Mazda started production in Canada and also officially entered the American market in 1970. Mazda was very successful in the USA, and also the Mazda Rotary Pick-up was developed just for the North American market. To this day, Mazda remains the only automaker to have produced a Wankel-powered pickup.
Throughout the 1973 oil crisis, however, Americans resorted to even more fuel-efficient vehicles, and Mazda experienced a massive loss. Mazda had not entirely stopped generating piston engines, and produced two automobile lines with these engines, which helped the firm. The smaller Familia line in particular ended up being really important to Mazda’s worldwide sales after 1973, as did the larger Capella collection. Mazda redoubled its initiatives once more and made the rotating engine an option for a sporting motorist. From 1974 to 2015, Mazda had a collaboration with Ford Motor Company, which acquired a 24.5% stake in 1979, which increased to a 33.4% possession in May 1995. The partnership with Ford began because of Mazda’s monetary difficulties in the 1960s. During the 1980s, Ford-badged Mazda items replaced much of their own European-sourced lineup, specifically in the Asia-Pacific markets, with the Laser replacing the Escort as well as the Telstar changing the Cortina.
A few of today’s Mazda models include:
- Mazda MX-5 Miata: This lightweight two-person roadster has ended up being the best-selling convertible car of all time. The MX-5 Miata debuted in 1989 at the Chicago Auto Show and is currently in its 4th generation. The car has won the Edmunds.com 2019 Editor’s Choice Awards: Best Sports Car, World Car of the Year and also World Car Design of the Year at the World Car of the Year Awards in 2016, MotorWeek Drivers’ Choice Awards Best Convertible 2018, and also many more awards.
- Mazda3: The Mazda3 is a four-door sedan that is also readily available as a hatchback. It is one of the nicest vehicles in its class, standing apart from its competitors. The Mazda3 likewise promises a smooth, stimulating ride.
- Mazda6: This sedan adds adventure to the day-to-day drive. The Mazda6 includes an innovative chiseled body that looks like a luxury vehicle. The automobile has won several awards, including Car and Driver’s publication’s Best Ten List for 2003, Best Mid-Size Car in Australia’s Best Cars in 2002 and also 2003, and also “Best Family Sedan” in MotorWeek’s 2009 Driver’s Choice Awards.
- Mazda CX-3: The Mazda CX-3 has the design and space of the SUV without the added bulk. The car includes modern tech and tidy lines along with a driver-focused cabin that is made for the busy driver. The Mazda CX-3 was the 2018 Best City SUV, Drive Car of the Year Australia, Automobile Journalists Association of Canada Canadian Green Utility Vehicle of the Year, 2016 Car of the Year Thailand, and much more.
- Mazda CX-5: This crossover has sufficient space for 5 passengers to fit comfortably. It has a sharp-looking attractive layout with a luxurious inside. The Mazda CX-5 was a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Policy Institute of Highway Safety in 2016, the Automobile of the Year in Japan in 2012, and was among five finalists for the 2013 Green Car of the Year Award.
Your Trusted Auto Repair Shop for Mazda Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your Mazda to KEAN Auto Services. Proudly serving residents of Courtenay and surrounding areas since 1990, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At KEAN Auto Services, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here’s some reasons you should choose us:
- We have access to an online network of over 40,000 experienced mechanics.
- We care about your safety and want to address issues before they become problems.
- We have a friendly staff that cares about your satisfaction and happiness.
If you are in or nearby Courtenay, feel free to give us a call at 250-897-3643 to schedule an appointment at KEAN Auto Services today!