A Brief Background of BMW
A great deal of Courtenay residents drive BMWs, and there’s an abundant history behind the iconic automobile trademark name. Initially an engine maker, BMW launched its very first auto, a motorcycle, in 1923. Throughout the 1930s, BMW boosted its array of cars along with larger luxury automobiles. The BMW 3/20, launched in 1932, was the first BMW auto developed totally by BMW. 4 years later on, BMW released its first four-door sedan, the BMW 326.
After The Second World War, BMW resumed car production and also launched the BMW 501 in 1951. After some modifications, the automobile was re-released as the BMW 501A, which triggered an increasing of sales. In the mid 1950s, BMW purchased a permit to make Issetas, an Italian “bubble car” that had actually become popular in Europe. More than 10 thousand Issetas were sold in 1955 alone. However, for a number of years BMW was incapable of competing with its opponents and was nearing bankruptcy. In 1960, the development program began for a new collection of models, called the “Neue Klasse” (New Course) task, which is credited for saving the BMW company. BMW released New Course four-door autos in 1962, formally establishing its identification as sports sedan manufacturers. In 1968, manufacturing of the BMW M30 engine started, BMW’s first straight-six engine since The Second World War would stay in production for 24 years. Four years in the future, the first generation of the BMW 5 collection mid-size autos existed to replace the New Course sedans. BMW’s very first SUV, the X5, was released in 1999. Although different from its typical autos, the X5 triggered numerous other SUVs to be presented by BMW in the coming years.
With over 15 styles on the market today, BMWs are known for the smooth drive they use, their standout appearance, and also their purring engines. The existing automobile series BMW has include:
- 2 Collection: BMW’s fancy, entry-level subcompact vehicle in the United States. It can be found in both coupe along with sedan body designs.
- 3 Series: BMW’s most successful vehicle of all time. The first generation released in 1976, this little vehicle is what BMW is recognized for.
- 4 Collection: A variant from the 3 Collection, presented in 2014. It can be found in two-door cars, four-door gran coupe along with exchangeable variations.
- 5 Series: BMW’s mid-size vehicle, introduced in 1972.
- 6 Series: A variation from the 5 Collection that has “curves that captivate, power that astounds, and the attitude to capture attention.”
- 7 Series: A full-size luxury sedan.
- 8 Series: BMW’s luxurious grand tourer. It’s used in both sports car and convertible body designs.
- Z4: BMW’s small roadster. The “Z” means “zukunft,” which is German for “future”.
- X1: BMW’s entry-level subcompact crossover. Car and Driver called it one of their 10 best Trucks and SUVs for 2019.
- X2: A sportier, driving-oriented subcompact crossover. It’s lower to the ground than the X1. It has a sleeker “sports car” body shape and also less cargo room.
- X3: BMW’s compact SUV. It was released in 2003, and the third generation was released for the 2018 version year.
- X4: A sportier variant of the X3, with a sloping coupe body design.
- X5: BMW’s compact SUV. It was the very first BMW SUV, released in 1999.
- X6: BMW’s midsize crossover coupe. BMW claims it is the “commanding sports activity coupe” with “striking looks, aggressive stance, and big proportions”.
- X7: BMW’s very first full-size three-row SUV. It’s the biggest BMW ever built.
- i3: BMW’s subcompact all-electric vehicle.
- i8: A plug-in hybrid performance roadster BMW released in 2014. It is offered in both Coupe and Roadster variations.
If you have a BMW in demand of fixings, you can bring it to KEAN Auto Services in Courtenay today!
KEAN Auto Services: Your Trusted Shop for BMW Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your BMW to KEAN Auto Services. Proudly serving residents of Courtenay and surrounding areas since 1971, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At KEAN Auto Services, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here’s some reasons why you should choose us:
- We care about your safety and want to address issues before they become problems.
- We have access to an online network of over 40,000 experienced mechanics.
- We are a family-owned business and we base our customer service on family values.
If you are in or nearby Courtenay, feel free to give us a call at 250-897-3643 to schedule an appointment at KEAN Auto Services today!