A Short Background of Honda
Honda Motor Company was established in 1948 by founders Soichiro Honda and Takeo Fujisawa. They introduced their first automobile, a motorcycle, in 1949, the D-type motorcycle. 10 years later on, Honda Motor Company Inc. was established in Los Angeles, California, the first abroad subsidiary of Honda Motor Company Ltd. By 1968, the one millionth Honda bike had actually been sold in the United States. Honda also began producing autos in the 1960s; the first car created was the T360 mini pick-up truck, which went on sale in August 1963, which was followed by the S500 sports car, which went on sale in October 1963. The Honda N600 was the very first automobile Honda sold in America, starting in 1969.
Honda co-founder Soichiro Honda had constantly been concerned of the future of our planet, specifically of access to clear water. In regards to making even more fuel efficient vehicles, Honda said, “I don’t care if everyone else is making 2 strokes, Honda needs to make four strokes.” In 1973, Honda presented the globe’s first fuel-efficient four-stroke marine engines, which were cleaner, quieter, and more affordable than two-stroke engines. The next year, driven by their “Blue skies for our children” effort, Honda launched the Honda Civic, which consisted of an innovative CVCC engine that made the Civic the first vehicle to satisfy the criteria of the United States Clean Air Act without the use of a catalytic converter. In 1976, the first Honda Accord was released, which would certainly become a very popular automobile in America.
Today’s Honda models consist of:
- Honda Civic: Honda’s compact auto is one of the world’s most popular vehicles. The Civic was International Car of the Year in 2005 and also North American Car of the Year in 2006.
- Honda Fit: The Honda Fit is an entry-level subcompact that boasts a boxy layout, large interior, and lay-flat back seats. The Fit was Top Gear’s 2006 Best Small Car, U.S. News & World Report’s Best Economy Vehicle of 2008, Best Overall Value by Customer Reports in 2010, 2011, and 2012, and also gained lots of other awards.
- Honda Accord: The Accord is Honda’s midsize family sedan. The Accord has been in Car and Driver’s Top 10 listing for the last 31 of 35 years, and has also been acknowledged as the 2014 Green Vehicle of the Year and the 2018 North American Car of the Year.
- Honda Insight: The Honda Insight is a small hybrid sedan. The Insight resembles its sibling, the Civic, in wheelbase and also handling, but bests it in fuel efficiency many thanks to a two-motor drivetrain. The American Automobile Association awarded the Insight with the Top Commuter Car in 2010. Additionally, the Insight was named the Greenest Vehicle of the Year by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy in 2000, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
- Honda Clarity: The Honda Clarity is Honda’s premium alternative fuel sedan. It is offered as a hybrid plug-in, fully electric, or hydrogen fuel cell. In 2009, the Clarity won World Green Vehicle of the Year. BBC Top Equipment has called the Clarity the “Most important vehicle for 100 years” and also has gotten the Great Design Award from the Japan Industrial Design Promotion Organization in 2008.
Your Trusted Shop for Honda Repair
As reliable as Honda vehicles are, all vehicles will eventually need to come in for servicing. When the time comes to bring your Honda in for repairs, Courtenay residents can come to KEAN Auto Services. We specialize in Honda repair and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. A team of highly trained mechanics, we at KEAN Auto Services are up to date on the latest automotive technology and will deliver high-quality service, every time. We offer services in vehicle alignment, steering and suspension, transmission repair, and more. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today! You can schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 250-897-3643.